For the safety achievement of industrial process plants (for example for chemical - petrochemical sector) can be used safety instrumented systems, normally composed by three subsystems:
- Subsystem "sensor"
- Subsystem “logic solver”
- Subsystem "final element"
The SIL classification, the design, validation and use of these systems to achieve functional safety is regulated by the IEC / EN 61508/61511 standards.
In detail of these activities, in co-operation with certification bodies, CTAI can provide the following services:
- Training courses on the application of standards IEC/EN 61508 and IEC/EN 61511
- Requirements specification
- Definition of the necessary documentation
- Hardware and software design
- Validation (integrity and functionality validation)
- Courses for FS Engineer (TÜV Rheinland) qualification
- Plant risk analysis
- SIL classification of safety systems
- Functional safety assessments of safety systems and devices
- Software functional safety assessments
- SIL certification of systems and devices used in safety systems